- 1 Sep: INSET day - staff training - school closed
- 2 Sep: Term Starts - Reception - Yr6
- 8 Sep: Existing Nursery children return
- 9 Sep: Meet the Teacher - Yr1 6-6.30pm Yr2 6.30-7pm Yr3 7-7.30pm
- 10 Sep: Meet the Teacher - Yr5 6-6.30pm Yr6 6.30-7pm Yr4 7-7.30pm + Sayers Croft Meeting
- 26 Sep: INSET day - staff training - school closed
- 29 Sep: Yr4 Residential Trip to Sayers Croft (Return 1st Oct.)
- 20 Oct: Yr6 Residential Trip to France (Return 24th Oct)
- VIEW FULL LIST
- VIEW FULL CALENDAR
Why have houses?
We feel the children benefit from being members of mixed age school teams. It helps develop opportunities for year groups to work together, encourages children to support each other, gives them a strong sense of responsibility and belonging and provides them with a range of additional activities to take part in.
How many houses are there?
There are six houses with balanced numbers of boys and girls and numbers from each year group. Family members are in the same house. Children are not moved into another house unless there are exceptional circumstances.
How are the houses managed?
Each house has a boy and girl captain from Year 6. Children put themselves forward and are elected by the members of their house. There is a house badge, a house board in the hall, a house colour and a house cup. A teacher leads each house.
When is the house system used?
There is a house point system with a cup awarded each term. It is also used on Sports Day and during fund raising events. There is a meeting of houses every half term, led by the teacher and captains.
How do children get house points?
House points are awarded in four different categories, persistence and effort, confidence and achievement, getting along and organisation. Any member of staff can award house points
How does a house win the house cup?
House points are recorded on a classroom chart. At the end of each half term, points are totalled and the winning house is awarded the cup. Children will be given awards when they have achieved 25, 50, 75 and 100 house points.